Friday, October 9, 2009

Still Jet Lagged!





We have been here for over a week and I am still very tired and can't get my clock straight. Declan of course is taking it all in stride. We're having a great time walking around and taking it all in. A missionary woman named Karen heard me talking today and introduced herself. She is from Ohio and has been here for 20 years. She will be introducing me to other english speakers, so hopefully I will make more friends soon. However, Joe's fiends and family are impressed with how hard Declan and I are trying to fit in, and learn the language.
More things I have noticed about Romania is the lack of dental hygiene. England has nothing on Romania. Also, on a more whymsical note is seems almost everyone has grape vines planted in their yard. I love to seem grape bunches hanging. It seems very romantic.
Joe took us to the cemetery where his mother and grandmother are buried. It is up on a hill surrounded with trees. Other than not having the large tombs, it reminded me of New Orleans. On November 1, they celebrate the people who have died with candles. Loved one bring candles to the cemetery and when you look up at the hill from the town, everything glows. I plan on taking pictures that night and posting them.

No comments:

Post a Comment