Sunday, October 4, 2009

First day!





It has only been one day of sight seeing and I have so many things I have to write about. First of all I want to apologize to all the Michiganders for the contempt I had for their driving habits. I made no secret that I detested the way they drove up there. Well, Romanian drivers take the cake. They do not follow the speed limit or the signs and could care less of anyone in crosswalks. I can personally attest to the last one. Also, car and horse and buggies drive on the same streets!!

Moving on ... ok we stopped at a cafe after hiking and had some soups and mitiei (sausages). Ciorba de Burta - looks really good, I tried it 3x, but alas I did not like it. I found out burta is stomach. NO comment.

Let's see... oh, stray dogs everywhere. And I mean everywhere. They all seem to be friendly so far.

Romania is rather poor. Apartments are small and people spend there lives paying for four rooms (that includes the kitchen and bathroom). Living rooms double as bedrooms. Kitchens are small, well everthing is small. We will be painting and redecorating within limits. We will start with Declans room. Right now the place is a mess with all our luggage and clothes tossed everywhere.

More later... draft 1:29:00 AM by Christi Delete

1 – 1 of 1

No comments:

Post a Comment